When you are injured on the job, figuring out what steps to take next can be confusing. Anthony Urban Law Offices, P.C. is here to help.
First and foremost, always inform your employer of the injury and seek immediate medical attention. States require that you notify your employer within a day, or a few days, of the incident, so make sure you inform them as soon as possible.
When you need to file a workers’ compensation claim in Schuylkill County, contact the Anthony Urban Law Offices, P.C.
As an employee, you have rights to workers’ compensation, as designated by your state. Although these vary from state to state, a few are relatively consistent:
- The right to file a workers’ compensation claim.
- The right to return to work (with permission from your physician).
- The right to disability compensation if you are temporarily or permanently unable to return to work.
- The right to a workers’ compensation attorney throughout the process.
You also have the right to refuse requests, should you find them unreasonable or unethical. For example, if your employer offers an incentive to keep you from filing a workers’ compensation claim, or threatens to fire you, this is illegal. This is one of many examples where it would be best to obtain legal representation for your claim.
Here are a few more situations where you should contact a workers’ compensation attorney:
- You applied for Social Security disability benefits.
- Your employer denied your claim.
- Your employer did not pay your settlement on time, or the settlement did not cover your lost wages.
- You suffered an injury that temporarily or permanently prevents you from returning to work.
If you have suffered a work injury, contact our Schuylkill County workers’ compensation attorneys at (888) 268-0023.
At Anthony Urban Law Offices, P.C., we care about you. Our experienced and professional workers’ compensations lawyers know how to build a strong case to recover your benefits. Our professionals understand the complexities of workers’ compensation laws, and are ready to help guide you through your claim process.
Call us at (888) 268-0023 today.