Medical Misdiagnosis in Pennsylvania
Seek Legal Representation from Our Schuylkill County Medical Malpractice Lawyer
One of most common forms of medical malpractice is the misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis of a medical condition, injury, or illness. When a doctor’s diagnosis error results in incorrect treatment, delayed treatment, or no treatment whatsoever, a patient’s condition may worsen, resulting in further injury or even death.
At The Law Offices of Anthony Urban, P.C., we can help you recover your monetary compensation to cover your medical expenses, loss of income, pain and suffering, and other damages caused by the misdiagnosis. With more than 50 years of experience, our Schuylkill County medical malpractice have a thorough understanding of Pennsylvania personal injury laws to navigate through the potential complexities of your case.
You must understand that the law does not hold doctors legally liable for all diagnostic errors. However, patients must prove three things in order to prevail in a medical malpractice lawsuit based on misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose: a doctor-patient relationship existed in which the doctor owed a durty of care to the patient, the doctor was negligent by not providing treatment in a reasonable and competent manner within the applicable standard of care, and the doctor’s negligence caused actual injury to the patient.
Misdiagnosis may involve, but not limited to, the following:
- Failure to recognize the urgency of a possible medical issue
- Failure to screen or test for a specific medical condition
- Failure to adequately consult with the patient about their symptoms
- Failure to properly follow up and investigate potential causes of symptoms which are reported
- Failure to refer a patient to a specialist
- Misinterpretation of lab (pathology) results or other test results such as biopsies or scans
- Prescribing medication for the wrong symptoms or condition or failing to prescribe medication
Let Us Start Your Case Today!
If you have suffered further injury or illness due to misdiagnosis by a healthcare provider in Pennsylvania, our Schuylkill County medical malpractice lawyer is ready to protect your rights. Our legal team can investigate your injury and gather evidence necessary to develop a strong and personalized legal strategy to obtain your compensation inside or outside the courtroom. Let us fight for you while you make the best possible recovery from your injury or illness.